Travel Trade Athens 2015 – 3000 business meetings in one day

88 hosted buyers from 29 countries descended on Athens last week to meet with 190 Greek tourism professionals in an impressive 3000 individual one to one engagements at the 2015 Travel Trade Athens.

In its third annual year, Travel Trade Athens took place on 26-27 April at the Megaron Athens International Conference Center.

Organised by the City of Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau (ACVB) and the European Tour Operators Association (ETOA), Travel Trade Athens is the signature trade event for the Greek capital.

The 3,000 meetings held this year are expected to lead to numerous agreements and partnerships between foreign buyers and Greek tourism businesses.

“New markets and customer groups will be approached, while we leverage off last year’s impressive tourism growth in the city through an even more dynamic and targeted participation in international tourism events,  said Athens Mayor Yorgos Kaminis during the press conference on the day.

“So far the signs allow us to be more optimistic about the upcoming tourism season”

He also added that the municipality will continue to coordinate Athens related familiarisation trips (FAM trips) for foreign tourism professionals and mass media representatives with a view to positively imprint and promote the image and hospitality services of the Greek capital.

Hosted buyers experienced a taste of Athens the day before the business to business meetings, through a choice of FAM trips organised by the Athens Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB).

Verbal feedback from buyers active in markets such as MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions) and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) suggest this years’ Travel Trade Athens, the best of the three coordinated to date.

In addition to the meetings, hosted buyers were introduced to the Greek online platform Athens Destination Specialist Program (ADSP), an interactive online training program aimed at helping travel industry professionals, professional conference organizers (PCO’s) and travel bloggers and media to sell and effectively promote Athens to their clients and audiences.

Presentations from the event’s main supporters, Aegean Airlines and Athens International Airports also took place and attendees were provided with promising figures for visitors to Athens for 2015.

Seventy percent (70%) of the 190 Greek Tourism professionals (suppliers) where from Athens, while the remaining 30% where from other parts of Greece.

The hosted buyers came from Egypt, Argentina,  Armenia, Australia, Bulgaria, Brazil, France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, the United States, India, Israel, Italy, China (Hong Kong), Cyprus, Lebanon, Malaysia, Great Britain, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sweden, Turkey and Finland.

 

For more information:

Kalliopi Andriopoulou
Public Relations Director
ADDMA SA – ACVB
kandriopoulou@developathens.gr

 

Orhideea Rosu
Travel Trade Sales & Marketing Manager
ACVB
orhideea@athenscvb.gr

English
Classified the content type like this: